NYS Registered Apprenticeship program
If you have NOT already applied to the program, you may do so on one of the recruitment dates. Recruitment runs from April through September each year. Applications are ONLY accepted two days of each month.
If you already applied to the program, your name will remain on the active list for two years from the date of application. Applicants are called on an as-needed basis, dependent on available work.
You must apply in person only at the Training and Apprenticeship office, 44 Hannay Lane, Glenmont, NY between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. on application day. APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED ON THE PREMISES. APPLICATIONS CAN NOT BE MAILED OR TAKEN OFF PREMISES.
District 106 Jurisdiction
New York State, counties of: Albany, Broome, Chenango, Clinton, Columbia, Dutchess, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Otsego, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Tioga, Warren, Washington.
APPRENTICE - Frequently Asked Questions
The Training Committee requires that applicants meet the following criteria:
- at least 18 years old
- high school graduate with passing grades in Math and English
- able to take a general aptitude test
- able to read and understand English and understand verbal instructions and warnings given in English
- Live within the District 106 geographical jurisdiction for at least 6 months prior to this recruitment.
- be willing and able to travel to and from various job sites within the Local's jurisdiction.
- Able to attend all related classroom training
- Pass a drug and alcohol test at the sponsor's expense, after acceptance into the program
- be physically able to perform the work of the craft, which may include lifting and climbing.
RECRUITMENT IS COMPLETE FOR 2018. We will begin recruitment April 2018. Check back for dates to be posted.